Tuesday, November 27, 2007

China

Below are some pictures of our trip to Beijing. What an incredible place! The sights did not disappoint! Definitely the best Chinese food! Alexis survived on a Western style breakfast and rice. By day number three, she was tired of the rice and just ate breakfast. Alexis and I dehydrated ourselves to avoid restrooms....I can't even begin to describe it....the first time Alexis went into one she ran out crying "Mommy, I don't have to go potty!"

Liam was in food heaven. The highlight was Peking Duck for him. Terry and I enjoyed surprisingly good beer and wine. We were served a scary alcohol that was 110 proof. Terry thinks it was mixed with gasoline!

There is no denying the growing wealth of this country. You can see it everywhere. By the same token, the poverty stricken masses are visible. The disparity between the rich and the poor is incredible. I find it ironic the last of the great communist experiments is growing economically on capitalism. I think "Capitalist Totalitarianism" best fits the current Chinese government. I just wonder how long the communist charade will last.

No comments: