Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there! My day is ending and I can say, with all honesty, it was the best Mother's Day! Why? Because, Liam and Alexis, of their own volition, made me breakfast in bed, showered me with gifts and sang "Happy Mother's Day to you" all day long! Their overwhelming sense of love and joy almost brought me to tears. Since T- is gone, this is especially meaningful.

This Mother's Day was also a new experience for me. Ironically, previous mother's days have consisted of breakfast together and my gift is a child-free day. For the most part, today was a usual Sunday with the added conscious appreciation of motherhood.

I can honestly say, even on the hardest days, I wouldn't trade this in for anything else.

No comments: